A Career with a Proven Controls Engineering Team!
TriCore is a US-based company established in 1991 serving the food, beverage, and life science industries. More recently we have started to expand into a variety of industrial processes. With offices in Wisconsin, California, Indiana, and Canada we are growing to meet the needs of our customers across the Midwest. So, if you have interest in a challenging technical career, with the opportunity to travel and learn – contact us to see what's going on!
Indianapolis , Indiana
This senior engineering resource will report to the Regional Managing Partner for Indianapolis and indirectly the corporate VP of Engineering. The Automation Engineer will be based in Carmel, Indiana and oversee, develop and commission multiple projects utilizing the latest automation technologies. These technologies are deployed in a variety of unit operations including but not limited to receiving, transfer, batching, blending, baking, packaging, cooling, heating, cleaning and various pasteurization or sterilization processes. TriCore engineers are given the opportunity to work on projects from the initial planning stages to field installation and commissioning.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with sales team to develop project requirements documents and detailed scope of work
- Cost and risk assessment during project bid and risk mitigation during project execution
- Help develop functional design documents for SCADA/PLC architectures
- Meets with clients for design preferences, HMI graphics design and standard development
- Assist sales team with development of preliminary and final cost estimates
- Guides the development or the review of P&IDs, One Line Diagrams, Schematics and I/O lists
- Work with customer and implementation team to meet project requirements (scope, cost, schedule)
- Deliver status updates to customers, partners and internal resources
- Review control panel designs, build and acceptance
- Troubleshooting unusual, difficult, or complex tasks
- Document control strategies
- Identify end user training needs for technologies and products delivered
- Participate in quality management reviews
- Travels to sites to meet with clients, undertake due diligence data gathering and to review progress during and after construction.
- Understand, implement, and enforce company and client standards on projects
- Assists in client contacts and business development efforts
- Electrical Design
- PLC Programming
- HMI Development
- BS Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering degree and 5+ years of controls engineering experience required
- Solid background in control of industrial processes
- Experience designing control systems for the food, beverage, or life sciences industry preferred
- Proficiency programming Allen Bradley Control Logix processors
- Proficiency programming at least two of the following HMI packages - GE Intellution, iFix, Wonderware, Rockwell Factory Talk View SE or RSView32
- Visual Basic programming experience a plus
- Database experience a plus - Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft Access
- Software application experience utilizing Windows operating systems and Microsoft
- Office applications
To qualify for this position an individual must be able to perform each of the primary tasks and responsibilities as well as meet the Education and Experience requirements. The individual must have strong communication skills, be capable of maintaining customer relationships and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times.
Up to 25% travel is required for this position.